wordinc gives your communication the finishing touch
What is terminology management?
Terminology management is the comprehensive, systematic and program-supported recording, structuring and defining of a company's language or vocabulary - i.e., the corporate language.
This terminology serves as an indispensable support for all text creators in the company, from technical editors and the translation department to the marketing team. When smartly integrated into authoring support, CMS and translation tools, the terminology is available at the push of a button.
Why is terminology management so important?
Confusion and misinterpretation of a company's image can occur if different terms are used for the same product - for example, "alloy wheel rim" and "light alloy wheel rim". This also applies to online searches by customers and to the ordering process in the SAP system.
Standardized, defined corporate and technical language helps to improve and simplify communication within the company and between the company and its customers. It is therefore no wonder that three quarters of the companies surveyed are actively involved in terminology management.
What we offer:
- Introduction of terminology management
- Extraction and development of terminology inventories
- Definition, research and information enrichment
- Definition of entry structure and classification of terminology data
- Maintenance and updating of terminology data
- Selection of terminology databases and systems
- Data migration from terminology databases and systems
- Creation of terminology guides