The text you are supposed to edit has arrived late, but the deadline can’t be pushed back. The customer is calling every five minutes demanding an update. You’re running out of time, so we’ll be brief: Use this 10-point checklist when editing in a hurry.
- Paragraphs start with clear introductory sentences
- Sentences lead with the main information
- Sentences use strong noun-verb formulations
- You have cut useless adjectives
- You have cut all filler words/phrases
- You have avoided foreign words/phrases where possible
- You have rewritten clichés into something fresh
- You have rewritten passive sentences into active ones
- You have cut long, clunky sentences down to shorter, manageable ones
- You have grouped together information that belongs together
You're good to go. Now get to it!
If you're in a rush, you can also send your text to wordinc and request an express delivery. Send us an email or call us at 49 (0)40 300 30 59-50. We look forward to hearing from you!